22 August 2011

How to #49: Watch the Pretty Blue guns

…With a glass (or two) of wine and company that appreciates good music.
Thanks too Vicky and Faffa from the Hitlist show (weekdays 21:00-24:00) at Mfm, I got a chance to go and see The pretty Blue Guns live at the Aan de Braak theatre, and wow, what a band!
The whole little theatre smelled like sweet from the smoke in the air, the vibe was absolutely electric and Stellenbosch was still outside but it felt like we were in our own world. You could not sit there and not feel your inner rock star stirring to come out. On top of that, they ended off the night with one of my absolute favorite songs ever, Valerie, and man did they nail it! Andre had a bottle of Champers in his hand and was more than just singing the song, he was living it.
So, the context is that Vicky and Faffa asked me to be a part of a feature on their show that they do every month, naturally, because im still working the graveyard shift, I jumped at the opportunity. A restaurant in Stellenbosch treats a Mfm presenter once a week. This month, the Aan de Braak theatre is the ‘restaurant’ that took this opportunity. The presenter is accompanied by someone who they interviewed on air earlier that week. So, I have done 3 interviews, this Thursday will be the last time that I go to studio at 21:00 and question two guys then choose one of them to come to another fabulous Aan De Braak Theatre show with me.
The Pretty Blue Guns was the first show I attended, and my companion, who absolutely loves music, was freaking out about how good the bassist is and he tried very hard to teach me about the physics in music. I tried to understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment