29 August 2011

How to #55 : Make 'Found', 'Acrostic' and 'Creative' rhyme

For our English class this week we have to hand in an annalysis of our classmates' news articles. I will recieve back crit of my own article too, and we have to hand in poetry. in our final portfoilio, we will have 4 poems. 1 found poem, 1 acrostic poem and 2 creative poems. first i will give a short explanation of each term then I'll share 2 of my creations with you. The other 2 i suppose will come later... (Hale asked for one of these to be about human rights)

Acrostic poem: Using the letters of a word as indicator to start a sentence with or even only one word. ie:

H- hi to

A- all the

L- ladies and

L- lads

O- over there

                                                    Beyond lame, I know, but you get the picture right? I'll post my propper one once I've got it figured out...

Found poem: Putting together one final product from words seen, taken or found in any form of printed media or more or less anything that you can read. Just be aware not to plagerise the work of another writer.

Creative poem: Whatever tickles your fancy



#1 - This is my found poem

I took all of these words as well as the background picture from cosmetic adverts from August and May 2011 'Glamour' magazines.


World of cosmetics

The eyes of the world read of their unique essence
and yet is inspired to contain
supreme natural confidence


Dont be smothered
"Feel Extraordinary"
is on sale
'the new you'
is under construction
told how to exhale

Everybody suffers
why can the writer
not be found?


Dont be changed
be pure you

#2: Creative, human rights inspired poem

Restricted

Imprisoned by circumstances

apples       not    asian
bark          not    bricks
chalk        not    cables
down        not    desks
everyday  not    everywhere

man,
is it not a right for every nation
to be entitled to a worldly education?

No comments:

Post a Comment