03 June 2011

How to #36: Embrace yourself



Naomi: I was a weirdo. I thaught that the moon followed me everywhere. I thaught it meant something special was gonna happen to me
Arthur:  Well that’s a pretty ridiculous hypothesis Naomi because by that notion, the moon would be out there right n... Naomi, the moon is literally out there right now spying on us. His light shining down on your face and clutter... what is all these things?! Smitwitifs...
Naomi: My dad’s pills
Arthur: a lot of incriminating stuff lying around here young la... what’s this for
Naomi:  that’s nothing, put it...
Arthur: whoa whoa whoa this is not nothing. This is something
Naomi:  I used to write stories and draw pictures for kids.
Arthur: wow... “The statue of liberty had travelled all the way from France She missed her friend the Eifel tower and her arm hurt...” Naomi, that’s wonderful.
Naomi: Thank you
Arthur: In this the statue of Liberty is a lonely French giant...
Naomi: Yeah, and she stays lonely until she meets her friend, the Chrysler building
Arthur:  That’s brilliant Naomi. You should quit your job and focus all your energy on this.
Naomi: I can’t
Arthur: why? What have you got to lose?
Naomi: The house, and electricity...
Arthur: you can pay for all of those when this is published.
Naomi: Arthur, things like that don’t happen to people like me.
Arthur: Then why is the moon still following you?

No comments:

Post a Comment