16 February 2011

How to #8: Stay inspired

I have no idea. Right now, I feel immeasurably insipid. So everybody has this idea of what their supposed to look like. Or rather, everybody wants to look like the ‘IT’ people from the movies. I think that the inspiration for all my opinions, ever, is going to be based solely on the impact that the media has on the generation that I am a part of. Tonight I had a long conversation with the boy that I am in love with about this exact point. The idea that all of us base our plans or dreams for the future on, are based on something we once saw on a movie. I am convinced of it. Life is real.
The world is out there. It exists, it’s not just snap shots put together in time limited reels. Those places have smells. There is a feeling about them. There are people there who have lives that are important to them. Who gets to decide who is important?

2 comments:

  1. Important is a relative word here. I am important to myself. You are important to this boy.

    In 10 years, I might be important to my children. Therefore everyone decides who is important to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats true, but the idea that i have is way bigger than being personal..

    ReplyDelete